Where should I buy it??

Go down

Where should I buy it??

Post  twinsplusone on Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:28 pm

I finally made my decision on which camera to buy. I'm going to go with the Nikon D40, and the two lense package for $599. But there's three places I could buy it from...a local shop called Norman's Camera (never been in there - saw a flyer), Best Buy, or Ritz Camera. I want to go buy it tonight and I'm not sure which store to go to. Any recommendations?

twinsplusone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where should I buy it??

Post  mawson on Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:27 pm

Hmm. Don't know but they all sound very reputable. Do they all offer the same deal? Any extras on any of them? I know best buy has a rewards zone where you can sign up and earn points and thus free merchandise. You many want to check that out. I think sometimes Ritz runs promotions where you get a certain amount of prints free or free photo classes or something. You may want to check into that. And typically the good 'ole fashioned camera store tends to be the least competitive with promotional stuff but usually give really excellent customer service and if you've any problems later on they tend to take care of their customers nicely. (sending stuff in for service calls, etc) So it is your choice. I had a friend buy hers from Best Buy and she had issues with her camera. They told her it was not under warranty because she had water on it. She has no idea how or if there really was water damage in her camera. It was frustrating.
That said, I am looking to buy my 40d at Costco online of all plces. 1,149 with a 4 gig CF card, and a 28-135 IS lens. I can't wait. I so need this camera! mine just isn't consistent anymore. (canon in having a rebate right now on 40d and 5d and select lenses)
I hope someone else can give some more definitive advice. COngratulations! I am sure you will love your new camera!
mawson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum